Progressing


 Materials: book pages, digital art, exacto knife

Process: I found the sentence that I wanted to use and copied it onto a beige colored paper, then cut out all of the words save for those in the sentence and made a border using the exacto knife and a ruler to get straight edges. From there, I sketched out my design on paper and took a picture which I imported into a drawing app called ibisPaint on my iPad and drew the lineart and coloring on there for sharper lines and edges. I printed the image out, glued it onto a black background and then glued the cut out page on top. 

Idea: to express the “narrator’s” journey through the process of liking someone, this is the change where they realize that it’s okay to be rejected and used this as a means to self reflect/grow self love or confidence. Hence the sentence “then he set about raising himself  and slowly he made progress.” The triskelion represents change and progress in Greek/Celtic culture and the hands are reach up for it, wanting to hold it and striving towards it. This represents the change within the narrator and the goal for changing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beginning

Warning

Waiting