Warning


 Materials: iPad, ibispaint, exacto knife 

Process: After I put together the sentence from different words found on a book page, I copied it onto Manila paper. I used a exacto knife to cut out all other words other than the sentence seen using a straight edge ruler and two triangle rulers, one large and one small, to get straight lines. using a reference, I sketched out the rough design of the hand and flower, finalized said design and did lineart and flats. I glued the book page on top of the printed out digital artwork.

Idea: following “Fraying,” Warning describes how the heart has caught onto how the narrator’s crush does not reciprocate their feelings and agrees with reason. “It is the warning and his heart knew” means that when one gets the sense that their crush does not like them in that way anymore, reason/logic warns the heart that there could be potential danger should they keep liking that person (danger being emotional hurt, etc). The flower is a rhododendron which symbolizes caution or warning. I picked red to symbolize the (eventual) end of the romantic interest

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beginning

Waiting